Why did I receive a login alert?
We take your security very seriously and have a number of measures in place to protect your account.
If we see a login from any device other than the one you used to create your Checkout 51 account, we will send you an alert.
If you get a login alert, it does not necessarily mean that your account has been logged in to by someone else. You may have triggered the alert yourself if you:
- Initially signed up using the app, then logged in through a web browser
- Logged in on a device that you don’t normally use (e.g. you always log in on your iPhone, but this time you logged in on your iPad)
- Got a new device and logged in to the app with it
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the app on your device, then logged in
- Cleared the cookies in your web browser, then logged in
- Logged in using a web browser you don’t normally use
The alert you receive from us will include information on when and where the login occurred, as well as the device used to log in.
If you’ve received an alert, recognize the login information, and know it was you - you can ignore it.
If you've received an alert and you DON'T recognize the behaviour, follow these steps to remove the unrecognized device from your account:
- Follow the link in the alert that sends you to your device history page, or go to: https://www.checkout51.com/account/devices
(On this page, you'll see all the devices you've ever logged in with, including the one you’re using at that moment.)
- Tick the checkbox next to the unrecognized device and click the Remove button
- This will prompt you to reset your password, which you need to do in order to remove the device
We ask you to reset your password before removing the device just in case someone has your password. (A friendly reminder: Make complicated passwords and change them frequently on all the sites you use to ensure your security.)
Once the device is removed from your account, Checkout 51 will be logged out of on that device.
If you have any questions about the device removal process, please submit a support request and our Member Success Team will assist you.
For more information on login alerts, click here.