By sharing your location, you increase your Cash Back earning potential! We use location information to send you notifications while you shop. Three of our features are only accessible by allowing location access:
- Instant Rewards
- In-store offer alerts
- Gas offers - Only available for US members
Please note: We'll only use your location information if you allow access for the Checkout 51 app.
Why do you need my location settings to be "Always" and "Precise"?
We use “Always” location access to ensure we can send notifications even when you don’t have the app open.
We use “Precise” location access to send retailer-specific offer notifications based on your exact location.
How to Update Your Location Access in Checkout 51
- Tap "Update Location" from the prompt in-app
2. Update Location Access manually through your phone's settings
iOS Update Location
- Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services
- Make sure Location Services as a whole / in general are turned on
- (On the Location Services screen) Checkout 51 > set "Allow Location Access" to "Always" and turn on "Precise Location"
Android Update Location
- Go to Settings
- Open Location
- Open App permissions
- Find Checkout 51
- Select "Allow all the time" and make sure that "Use precise location" is also selected
Please note: You’ll need to enable notifications (also found in Settings) if you have not already.
If you opt out of giving Checkout 51 access to your location, we won’t be able to send you Instant Rewards or in-store offers.